Pension Transfer Specialist Adviser, Manchester, 50,000k Salary with Bonuses and Benefits
Our client is a nationwide and award-winning firm, that provides financial advice to personal and corporate clients throughout the UK. The firm have extensive experience in advising on medical professionals, teachers, and other public-sector pension schemes. The firm are looking to establish, deliver, and develop a centre of excellence to enable their advisers to refer complex/higher risk pension transfer advice cases to a suitably qualified and regulatory supervised Pension Transfer Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an independent financial advisory service to the firms existing and new clients in the following areas: defined benefit occupational scheme transfers, qualifying recognised overseas pension transfers, (QROPS) retirement option cases (conventional annuity, Investment annuity, third way product), and clients who have "safeguardedbenefits" within their Personal Pension Plans, Retirement Annuity Contracts.
- To engage with the firm’s advisers as the provider of specialist pension transfer advice.
- To achieve business quality standards that comply with the firm’s pension transfer procedures as set out in the agreed original (and future) business plans.
- To liaise with the firm’s Paraplanners (and all other support staff) to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to the advisers.
- To operate always within the rules, principles, and Code of Practice for Approved Persons of the FCA.
- To ensure maintenance of competence by constantly reviewing own training needs and, in conjunction with the firm’s Pension Transfers Team Manager, addressing those needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Minimum - FPC 1,2 & 3 or equivalent, Level 4 diploma, G60 or AF3.
- Desired but not essential - Chartered Status or willingness to progress towards Chartered Status
Experience, Skill’s, and Attributes:
- Minimum 5 Years Financial Services experience.
- Good communicator.
- Able to prioritise workloads.
- Self Motivated and positive.
- Defined Benefit
- Financial Advice
- Financial Services