R13 recruitment are currently supporting a highly reputable organisation in their search for an experienced Employability professional to work within the criminal justice sector. Your main area of focus will be to provide high quality support to participants (offenders) with the end goal to support them in their transition into employment. Based out of HMP Hollesley Bay, you will be responsible for a caseload of participants coming up for release to ensure they have access to employment OR self-employment opportunities UK wide, based on release location.
Duties to include:
- Handling participant referrals from colleagues and partner organisations.
- Generating referrals through ongoing engagement with partnership organisations.
- Undertaking initial induction and assessment of participant barriers; managing expectations.
- Developing personalised progression plans for participants based on individual goals.
- Supporting transition to employed and self-employed options via engagement directly with employers and providers, including identifying appropriate partners in relative release areas.
- Supporting with job searching, job applications, CV writing, cover letters and interview tips.
- Guidance in relation to self-employment options, provision of relevant information and support.
- Accurately recording all associated information at all times, maintaining absolute confidentiality.
- Achieving individual and team targets related to job outcomes and sustainability.
- Effectively managing your caseload independently to transition participants through their journeys.
- Using motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioural techniques and brief interventions in a variety of settings to promote self-esteem, well-being and motivation.
- Carrying out triage, risk assessment and risk management plans.
You will have/be:
- Experienced Employment Advisor / Case Manager / Recruitment professional or a similar role.
- IAG Level 3 qualification is desirable but IS NOT essential.
- Exposure to supporting offender’s transition into employment highly desirable.
- Successful track record of working to targets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office programmes and internal databases.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and outcome driven approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills coupled with the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
**Please Note, you will be required to undertake and pass a CRB check**
Offered salary of £21,000 to £24,000 DOE. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including; 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme, death in service, enhanced maternity and mileage expensed at 45p per mile.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Employment Advisor
- Case Manager