Cross Keys Homes is a multi-faceted organisation and we pride ourselves on being a commercial business with a social heart and we now have exciting opportunities available for experienced Customer Service Advisers to join us working on a late shift basis (2pm - 10pm)
Our Lifeline emergency alarm system is an invaluable service and at times; a life-saving asset to our service users.
It offers customers the ability to enjoy being independent in their own homes with the security of knowing that help is on hand when they need it the most.
Ideal for older people, anyone who may be at risk of falling, anyone with an acute medical condition etc it offers peace of mind to both customers and their relatives and carers.
Due to internal promotions we have exciting opportunities available within our Lifeline team on a permanent basis.
This is a high volume call taking role requiring a high level of accuracy. Candidates must have previous experience within an office and be able to demonstrate excellent telephone, communication and IT skills.
Core responsibilites for this role are:
- Respond to all emergency alarm calls to the Lifeline Centre, prioritising and taking appropriate action to ensure the welfare of vulnerable and often elderly customers are maintained. Accountability for the appropriate action taken for each emergency alarm activation.
- Adhering to each corporate contracts individual set of procedures and maintaining accurate records which may be used by other agencies to deliver the correct service, such as health and emergency services.
- Making 999 calls when emergency services are required to deliver appropriate medical and emergency support. Liaising and notifying with relatives, carers, next of kin, internal & external agencies as appropriate (often in very emotional, stressful and delicate situations).
- Respond to lone worker calls, assess the situation and follow appropriate procedures to ensure the safety of employees.
- Attend as responder to customer's properties when necessary, providing appropriate support and applying risk assessment protocols in accordance with Lone working policies and procedures.
- Manage information in response to out of hours Social Services Emergency Duty Team calls for Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. Where appropriate to make a referral to the Duty Social Worker to action or direct the customer to the relevant agency/organisation. This service is for both Adult and Children's' social services.
- Arranging equipment faults for LifeLine repairs within set timescales to ensure our customers are not left vulnerable.
- Assess and prioritise out of hours housing repairs. Liaise with out of hours contractors on repair resolution and taking immediate action for emergency repairs.
- Where Safeguarding issues and trends are identified these are escalated appropriately.
- Exceed the service key performance targets on Cross Keys Homes and TSA standards.
- To action the LifeLine alarm calls and offer support to meet the identified needs, and when required, the onward referral to other emergency services to ensure the safety and welfare of customers is maintained at all times, 365 days a year.
- Provide a (lone) responder service to customers to establish where an emergency situation arises across the Peterborough area and take appropriate action in accordance to agreed processes.
- To remain calm, show empathy and understanding of the needs and circumstances of our vulnerable customers, who are often in emergency situations or at crisis.
- Drive out to customers when needed to assess and then call the appropriate service
to be considered for these exciting opportunities you will meet the following criteria:
- A full UK driving license is essential for this role
- Ability to commit to the shifts including working weekends
- A good understanding of confidentiality, data protection and security of client data.
- Experience of working in a call center or community alarm service.
- Experience of liaising with external agencies and services.
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people and clients and available support services.
- Experience of working with older people and/or clients with special needs.
- Good proficiency in computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office and bespoke systems.
- Ability to work effectively on your own; as a team member and with colleagues, across agencies.
- Able to work in a busy environment, to make decisions and initiate action in a calm, efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with empathy, with clients who may be in crisis or have special needs.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills, able to record information accurately & concisely.
- Able to maintain a calm and reassuring manner even with difficult calls.
- Able to work flexibly to meet the different circumstances and challenges.
- Willing to adapt style of client engagement following feedback from line managers.
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we are offering:
- 37 hours are worked on a 5 late shifts over 7 basis and does include weekends
- Evening Shifts : 2pm - 10pm
- Salary offered is £20,462 dependent on knowledge skills and experience
- On site car park
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- On Site collection and delivery Dry Cleaning Service
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Onsite Yoga Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- call centre
- customer service
- customer care
- shift work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'