Please note this is a Part time, 21 hours per week Out of Hours position. An additional allowance is paid for unsociable hours
Based at the East of England Ambulance Headquarters, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford. The Emergency Team Adviser's role will be to provide a prompt and efficient response to service users, carers, agencies, medical care and professionals, giving information advice, and, where appropriate an assessment for and the commissioning of a package of care.
- Using specialist knowledge and judgement on Adult and Carer services available within Social Care, including the application of Fair Access to Care criteria, to give high quality advice.
- Identifying and responding to urgent or critical situations by passing referrals, via agreed fast-track procedures, to the appropriate professional teams.
- To support the development of other team members by participating in learning activities such as one-to-one coaching or work shadowing.
- Taking personal responsibility for providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice to callers on Social Care policies and services, including eligibility criteria, and services provided by other statutory, private and voluntary agencies.
- Ensuring that all information is recorded accurately and is entered onto the appropriate database.
- Ensuring that all information recorded complies with data recording legislation and guidance, captures all data required for performance indicators, and is in a format or style which allows it to be transcribed on the appropriate system.
- Taking personal responsibility for participating in training to update knowledge on the full range of systems and databases used by SCD.
- Ensuring all assessments and requests for a service are authorised by a professional practitioner before being commissioned.
- Continuously updating own and sharing new information with colleagues on eligibility criteria, and the Social Care Policies, including the range of services provided by Social Care and other Statutory, Private and Voluntary agencies.
- Representing EDT on project and consultation groups where appropriate and to ensure any knowledge and information is shared with colleagues.
- Actively contributing to own personal professional development, and to the developing role of EDT across all specialisms.
- The duties of the post may be changed and/or varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of the EDT Manager
For an informal chat and information regarding rota's, please call Angela Gissendaner on .
- Good general level of education, including English and Mathematics at GCSE grade A - C, or demonstrably equivalent abilities.
- Customer Service NVQ or equivalent experience/ability
- European Computer Driving License (ECDL) or equivalent experience/ability
- Experience of working in a local authority setting and/or Customer Services role.
- Experience of communicating by telephone and electronically recording information.
- Working in a setting with direct customer contact.
- Giving information and advice to customers by telephone.
- Knowledge and experience of administrative and clerical processes.
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of IT systems including Word and a customer database.
- Awareness of Health & Safety at work
- Knowledge of Social Care service group functions.
- Experience of working in a Social Care team or similar setting.
- Knowledge of requirements of Caldicott, Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'