£8.53 per hour + 25% enhancement on completion of training
South Central Ambulance Service is seeking Emergency Dispatch Assistants to work within their Emergency Operations Centre based at Head Office in Bicester. This is a key position within the team, the Dispatch Assistants' support Emergency Dispatchers in the efficient dispatch of emergency, urgent and other resources.
* Assist Emergency Dispatchers to effectively use the emergency and other vehicle/personnel resources to respond to emergency and urgent incidents.
* Ensure the maintenance of a tactical pattern of resource availability to help meet the demands placed on the organisation - this includes making alterations to vehicle movements.
* Operate radio, text and computer assisted dispatch systems when requested, ensuring correct and accurate transfer of information.
* Ensure all vehicle and incident logs are maintained, including vehicle status, meal break recording and voice operated recording.
* Assist Emergency Dispatchers in the compilation of reports e.g. outlining reasons for delayed dispatch.
* Ability to listen to and record information accurately and recognise the relevance of information especially in an emergency situation.
* Good written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to speak clearly over the radio and telephone).
* Ability to follow established procedures, instructions and work to deadlines.
* Ability to share ideas and cascade information.
* Calm manner (especially when under pressure) and ability to work on own initiative.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job