About the Role
We protect FTI Consulting's brand by effectively managing and mitigating legal, compliance and regulatory risk.
FTI Consulting Legal & Risk Department is seeking a Compliance Officer to oversee the firm's compliance and ethics program in its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region and to assist the firm's Global Chief Risk & Compliance Officer (CRCO) with global compliance initiatives. This position is located in London.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 7 years of experience serving in a relevant role within a Compliance / Ethics function. To be successful in this role you will need a strong knowledge of general compliance processes and legislation within the financial services industry and previous exposure to MLRO and FCA regulations.
What You'll Do
The position will support the EMEA General Counsel and the Global CRCO in designing, developing and directing FTI's Compliance function in the EMEA region as well as related compliance initiatives that apply on an enterprise-wide basis. This includes providing guidance, oversight and expert advice to ensure appropriate development, interpretation, and implementation of compliance strategies, policies and programs.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing advice and guidance to management and employees on compliance issues and the corporate compliance program.
- Assisting and working closely with the Global CRCO in the development and implementation of compliance policies and standard operating procedures, training, auditing and monitoring activities to ensure an effective compliance program throughout the EMEA organisation, including, when necessary and appropriate, working with internal and external resources to adapting policies for local jurisdictions.
- Facilitating the implementation of and adherence to FTI Consulting's Code of Conduct in the EMEA region including fostering a culture of integrity and ethical behaviour across and throughout the organisation.
- Developing and delivering training and education programs for EMEA employees on compliance policies and the legal and regulatory framework underlying those policies.
- Overseeing investigations of complaints or alleged non-compliance in the EMEA region brought forward by employees or other third parties, including whistleblower reports and complaints regarding unethical behavior.
- Overseeing the firm's anti-money laundering program in EMEA including serving as the UK business' Nominated Officer / Money Laundering Reporting Officer, undertaking prevention of money laundering tasks, monitoring suspicious transactions, account opening etc.
- Assisting in ensuring the firm's compliance with applicable international sanctions regulations.
- Supporting the EMEA General Counsel and European Data Protection Officer in the management of the relationship with regulators where relevant such as the FCA and ICO.
- Overseeing the firm's compliance programs with respect to professional licensing including, but not limited to, requirements imposed by the UK's Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales and other compliance issues (such as the Modern Slavery Act and the Criminal Finances Act 2017).
- Developing an understanding of applicable compliance requirements in each of the EMEA countries in which FTI Consulting operates and implementing program elements accordingly. This would include compliance requirements unique to jurisdictions in the Middle East and South Africa.
- Monitoring and analysing the regulatory environment in which the firm operates, determining the potential impact of regulatory changes on the firm and its compliance program, and overseeing necessary changes to compliance policies and processes.
- Supporting major transactions, including M&A and other business development transactions, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience working in an internal compliance role within the financial services or professional services industry, in internal audit position or in a risk management/compliance team in a consulting firm.
- Knowledge of the conduct of investigations, including evidence gathering and case management.
- Extensive knowledge of standards of ethical conduct and related programs applicable to organisations.
- Knowledge of FCA compliance and anti-money laundering programs.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand corporate objectives and to work in partnership with business colleagues to implement effective compliance programs that are consistent with those objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies and provide sound compliance advice.
- Excellent judgment and the knowledge and ability to involve and keep key stakeholders and/or senior management appropriately informed.
- Must be a solutions-driven, confident, highly motivated and organised team player with impeccable integrity.
- A proactive and constructive attitude and ability to develop and run a compliance function which is seen as a valuable addition to the business rather than an obstacle to be overcome.
- Previous experience working in a compliance role within the EMEA region or an international organisation.
- Experience in holding the Compliance Officer (CF10) and Money Laundering Report Officer (CF11) controlled functions (and Senior Manager regime equivalents).
- Willing to take responsibility for compliance with US regulations and to develop his/her knowledge in this area as necessary, working with the Global CRCO and/or external counsel.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of w
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'