Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a global Electronics Designer and Manufacturer to source an Embedded Systems Engineer based in Gateshead. A key responsibility for this role is to design software and support hardware design in line with client requirements. The successful candidate will hold a solid Design background as well as a Degree in Software Engineer or a related topic.
- Design and develop software in line with specifications
- Generate software designs, documentation and code
- Operate simulation tools to ensure software design operates the product control system in the desired manner. Conduct stability analysis of control systems by operating simulation tools to ensure the product remains stable in all conditions
- Validate and verify software to test that the code has met the correct requirements.
- Assist in the development of all initiatives to improve and simplify the generation, modification and documentation of software
- Carry out the design and modification of embedded processor cards, peripherals, interfaces and I/O circuitry to meet the functional requirements of the project system and the operating software
- Integrate the embedded processor card and product operating software to deliver a combined sub-system which meets the project requirements
- Develop next generation embedded controllers using microcontrollers / DSP's etc.
- Design interface software (i.e. serial link, Ethernet, CANbus, MOD Bus, ProphiBus for example)
- Assist in the integration of the embedded solution into the overall product
- Provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to other senior managers and staff to ensure effective decision making
- Actively follow the Company's Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work
- Engineering Degree in software and/or embedded systems related discipline
- Demonstrable experience with FPGA Logic Design and simulation using high level descriptive language, preferably VHDL
- Working knowledge of C programming language
- Ideally experience of working within the Energy, Rail and/or Military sectors
- Experience in design and development of signal conditioning, processing and control PCB packages using CAD packages including analogue and digital circuits
- Demonstrable experience of working to recognised software processes and standards with application of Software Integrity Levels (SIL)
- Ability to create test modules such as Pulse Width Modulator generator and comms modules such as UARTS, I2C, CAN etc.
- Ability to operate simulation tools such as PLECS and/or Symmetrix
- The ability to work to agreed budgets and timescales in a timely and efficient manner
- It would be highly beneficial to have Chartered Engineer Status
- Good communication and presentation skills
- A motivated and organised individual
This role is a permanent position based in Gateshead.
The role is offering a highly competitive salary along with excellent company benefits.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett for more information on this role on or at
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job