Edesix (a Motorola Solutions company) provides a range of body-worn and in-car video hardware, software and service solutions to organisations around the world and across a range of industries, including: Police and Security services, Local government, Security, Retail and Transport. To help drive our rapid growth, we are looking for an Embedded Software Team Lead on a permanent contract and based at our central Edinburgh office. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where you will be exposed to the latest technologies and where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then joining our team could be your best career move.
Please note, we can only accept candidates that are authorized to work in the UK and willing to work full-time from our Edinburgh offices.All candidates will be subject to HMG BPSS employment checks.
Key responsibilities of the Embedded Software Team Lead:
Leads the group which analyzes, develops, designs, and implements embedded systems, with associated test strategies for devices and systems.
Develops, communicates and reviews multiple projects, progress and resources against agreed roadmap.
Leads daily standup meetings and provides guidance to engineers on priorities and implementations, and removes or escalates roadblocks.
Liaises with Project Management and reports timescales and issues to CTO.
Integrates firmware to maintain functionality, throughput and consistency.
Creates engineering specifications and documents. Supports design reviews. Customer Support.
The Embedded Software Team Lead will be capable of actually coding as well as managing and will pick up project coding tasks, so it is expected that they will be highly experienced and competent as an Embedded Software Engineer and would also be able to manage the hardware components, though not necessarily as a hardware expert.
Key qualifications of the Embedded Software Team Lead:
As a people manager:
- 3+ years of team leadership
- experience managing a highly skilled engineering group. A capable people-manager who will make sure that engineers are delivering to the best of their abilities and don't get stuck on issues that could be resolved quickly.
As an engineer:
- 5+ years of hands-on Embedded Software Development
- Successful at managing and developing technical staff
- Enjoys problem solving and working in a fast-paced technical environment
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Uses and understands appropriate methodologies to design, build and test complex systems. Regularly investigates, develops and integrates new techniques and technologies.
- Proactive, self-motivated and well organised
- Well organised
- Strategic thinker
- Embedded Software
- Embedded Systems
- Team Leader
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'