At Letchworth we design and manufacture multi-function rugged LCD displays for use on rotary and fixed-wing aircraft and ground combat vehicles. Our HD displays are designed for use with the industry's most popular sensors. Fully qualified to established environmental standards, the displays can be used in standalone mode, where multiple video input capability can be used to present a number of configurable operator views, or as part of a Curtiss-Wright video management system (VMS) alongside video distribution switches and recorders.
This is your opportunity to be innovative, flexible, self-directed and to bring your software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization. We are looking for 2 creative embedded software developers who have a passion to invent, design & implement embedded software along with a desire to learn.
Using engineering expertise, plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Performs as a technical expert in the design development, coding, testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and develop resolution of software problems. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Participates in the development of software process and documentation.
Part of the job will be to create new Board Support Packages (BSPs), drivers and develop enhancements to our existing BSPs and drivers for Single Board Computers (SBCs), develop power-on built-in-test firmware and develop continuous built-in-test drivers. You must be resourceful and able to overcome new challenges using insightful design and engineering skills coupled with innovative approaches.
Apply if you are a team player willing to share, discuss and brainstorm ideas to define new products, product enhancements and process improvements.
- Design, develop and test new embedded software.
- Support and enhance existing embedded software.
- Apply established development processes and assist in process improvement.
- Analyze requirements and develop design alternatives.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Provide input to architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Keep current with embedded software trends and share knowledge.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Review and validation of software releases.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
- Liaise with customers
Skills / Experience
- C and C++ programming in an embedded or Linux environment.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and standards.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience in the following is an asset: WindRiver VxWorks RTOS, OO Design and UML, Software configuration management tools -- preferably including Git and Make, Software defect tracking tools - redmine, Software debugging tools, Test methodologies, Scripting tools and languages -- preferably including Shell script, Linux, Unix and Windows development environments, Reading/understanding IC datasheets, board schematics, Diagnostic tools like Digital Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, DVMs, etc, Requirements analysis and tracking, DO-178B, Software project management
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.