The main skills and responsibilities for the role are:
* Good honours or postgraduate degree (BSc/MSc) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
* 3+ years relevant embedded software engineering experience
* Excellent C/C++ programming skills, in a real time, embedded environment.
* Strong understanding of embedded systems.
* Knowledge of 8/16/32-bit MCU architectures.
* Experience of debugging and testing real-time embedded software designs.
* Knowledge of revision control systems, including SVN, Git, etc.
* Ability to understand detailed system/software requirements, develop software solutions, implement on target hardware and test designs.
* Good knowledge of industry-standard communication interfaces (RS232, RS485, SPI, USB, Ethernet, etc) and associated applications.
* Experience of debugging systems/software using JTAG development tools
* Ability to interpret circuit schematics and component datasheets.
* Ability to debug prototype hardware/software.
* Confident using lab test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.
o Experience of programming TI, MSP430 and ARM processor architectures
o Knowledge of interfacing to microcontroller hardware
o Programming experience using Python language.
o Experience of developing software for Single Board Computers (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Delphino, etc) o Understanding of digital & analogue electronics.
* Salary of £35K to £45k, depending on experience
* Company Pension Scheme
* Company Share Options Scheme
* 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'