Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Fowlmere, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic embedded software engineer to join our multidisciplinary design team, able to contribute to the development of our next generation gas sensors and detectors. This role will provide interesting technical challenges and exposure to a variety of exciting products, allowing for excellent career development and progression within the company.
Being part of our dynamic and caring engineering team, you will benefit from a true collaborative professional culture, a pleasant open space environment, and good company-wide benefits such as pension, healthcare, bike scheme, life assurance and share options.
We believe that our team is key to our ongoing success and a range of training, in-house and external, is available as part of our continuous development programme.
This position would be suitable for an engineer with one or two years industrial experience and a keen interest in embedded systems.
The Role will involve the following:
- Developing embedded software for next generation of products
- Writing well-designed, testable code
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Testing existing products and liaise with software and hardware engineers to fix bugs
- Document software modifications
ROLE KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Will be identified and agreed with the successful applicant, following an offer of employment.
This is a hands-on role and the person appointed will be:-
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Excellent level of attention to detail
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Great problem-solving ability
- Have a flexible approach
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Effective and confident communicator
Due to the hands-on nature of the position we seek candidates possessing recent experience in the following areas:
- Proficient in C and C++ (with a sound understanding of Assembler)
- Past experience using microcontrollers
- Able to use microcontroller peripherals and protocols ADC, SPI, PWM, I²C and USART
- Able to understand microcontroller data sheets
- Able to write structured code and good documentation
- Proficient in debugging software and hardware using IDE, oscilloscope, logic analyser, multimixer etc.
- One or two years of hands on experience working on embedded projects
- Experience using Jira or other bug tracking software highly desirable
- BSc/BEng Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant field
This position offers good terms and benefits including: - good basic salary, 21 days + Bank holidays annual holiday increasing with service, Pension, Healthcare, Bike Scheme, Life Assurance and share options.
This is a full time position and working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your current CV and covering letter, with salary details, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No Agencies Please
- Information Technology
- Software Development
- Software Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'