Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the products and services Bosch deliver to the automotive industry. In more than 140 countries we offer spare parts, technical information and training as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services, all used in the analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
We are currently looking for experienced Embedded Software Engineers to join our Telediagnosis team in Stockport. Successful candidates will be focused on the adaption of our embedded Telediagnosis platform to deliver Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) solutions for our customers.
Joining our team as an Embedded Software Engineer, you will contribute to something big by:
- Working as part of a small team, you will be involved in the design and definition of complex software solutions deployed on vehicles
- Collaborating with engineering teams across various Bosch divisions, you will construct dependable solutions that seamlessly integrate functionality from disparate software systems
- Your focus will be the enhancement of our Telediagnosis platform, helping define and develop the next generation such that it continues to satisfy the requirements of existing customers while being flexible and extensible enough to meet the needs of future customers
- Embedded software components developed by you will be widely ported to many embedded hardware devices and architectures, such as Bosch’s own Car Communication Unit (CCU) or Central Gateway (CGW), or to alternative non-Bosch devices as directed by our customer
- When required you will help our customers understand the possibilities of what can be achieved through introduction of the Telediagnosis platform to their vehicles, working with them to develop and document their use cases
What distinguishes you as our ideal Embedded Software Engineer?
- You are a professional software engineer and have proven experience of working in a commercial software development environment, predominantly gained while using C and C++ to develop software for embedded Linux operating systems
- You are a self-motivated, forward looking team player who can prioritise and organise effectively
- You are familiar with modern embedded software methods and principles and are happy to work in an agile way to deliver high quality code and corresponding unit tests
- You have a proven ability to enhance and debug legacy code and a willingness to take ownership of complex software systems
- You have proven experience in translating requirements into appropriate system and sub-system designs at the component level, applying design patterns and object-oriented principles as necessary, capturing designs in UML models and detailed specification documents
- You have strong technical and analytical skills and are comfortable working with internal and customer teams to elicit and capture requirements
Travel is infrequent, but when necessary this role will include travel to international destinations.
Please note: We are looking for multiple Software Engineers to join our team.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Embedded Software Engineer, we want to hear from you.
Make it happen. Apply Now!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job