Embedded Software Engineer positon to work on a multi-threaded, multiprocessor basestation product. The Embedded Software Engineer will work in a team of 8 multi skilled, embedded software engineers who can provide lots of support where required but in addition, there is a lot of free reign for those that want to take on responsibility. As a product based company in the public domain you will always get to see your efforts deployed in the field.
The Embedded Software Engineer can work in various areas of the product depending on skills - Layers 1, 2 or 3, platform bring up, porting, working with Embedded Linux or close to hardware.
Embedded Software Engineer essential skills:
- Embedded C
- Experience debugging and fixing embedded code
Embedded Software Engineer desirable skills:
- Yocto embedded Linux tool chain
- ARM Cortex
- Bare metal programming
- Linux device drivers
- Wireless communications protocols /stacks
- Layer 2 or interfacing to Layer 1
- Atlassian toolset (BitBucket/Git, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: South Cambridge
Benefits: Flexible hours (core 10-4), 25 days holiday, pension, health and medical insurance, subsidised sports
Key Skills: Embedded C
Desirable skills: Yocto, Linux, wireless protocol stacks, Atlassian
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other embedded software engineer positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.
- Software Engineers