Embedded Software Engineer IoT Integration - Harrogate
Embedded C/C++, Embedded Software, PICS, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, CAN, UDP, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, IoT, Cloud, Mobile Apps.
Commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, Ilkley, Wetherby, York, Ripon.
This award winning and highly innovative organisation are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer / IoT Software Integration specialist to work on exciting and technically challenging projects for Smart Buildings / Building Automation technology, which combines state of the art software, electronic hardware and firmware.
The Software Engineer will help integrate a growing range of products with other IoT devices. You will work on integrating consumer access devices, which take real time sensor data from the control system, Cloud Platform and Mobile App with other in home devices. The company has an exciting roadmap of projects which give rise to this opportunity.
The Software Engineer / IoT Software Integration specialist will be part of a highly regarded and expanding engineering team, which is based near Harrogate. You may be a hobbyist with an interest in IoT who has worked on a number of personal projects and who can write code to get things to work.
The principal aspects of the Software Engineer role are outlined below :
- Be the key owner of Company demonstrations - building and evolving these over time
- Develop software to support early stage demonstrations and perform integrations to provide client connected home solutions
- Develop necessary software, this may include some of the following aspects :
- Embedded Software (C)
- Mobile Application changes
- Cloud Service Software
- Work with others to define what changes are needed to existing products
- Work with third parties to understand and integrate their devices
- Comprehensively test integrated solutions
- Document the solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- Experience of working on Embedded Products
- Accomplished in the use of C for Software Development
- An understanding of IP networks and connectivity with embedded products
- A structured approach to design and verification, you will be highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of revision control systems
- A team player who relishes a challenge and works effectively to deadlines
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills encompassing customer liaison at an engineering level
- An Honours Degree in an Industry related subject.
Desirable skills and experience include :
- Experience of interfacing to cloud solutions and writing server side software and cloud applications
- Has designed and implemented applications for mobile devices
- Able to modify hardware prototypes.
Excellent, technically challenging, and interesting development projects allied to the exciting Internet of Things ( IoT ). Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety, flexible working, in a professional, quality environment, supported by excellent staff retention.
- Embedded Software
- Embedded C/C++
- Mobile Apps.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job