Are you a natural problem solver who likes to innovate? Our client, a cutting-edge engineering consultancy, are seeking recent graduates (less than 3 years’ experience) for their software team to work on developing software for embedded platforms. This will initially focus on embedded Linux operating systems and applications but could extend across the complete range of the group’s activities.
The Embedded Software Engineer will:
- have experience of designing and developing software in C and one or more of C++, C# and Java
- have knowledge of Linux systems, with experience of Embedded Linux software development (preferably on ARM platforms)
- be able to quickly learn new languages and skills
- have a strong understanding of computer hardware and comfortable developing software for a variety of platforms
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- be self-motivated with a focus on problem solving, attention to detail and delivering results
- have a degree in a numerate, computer science or engineering subject to at least 2.1 level (or equivalent experience)
The following would also be an advantage:
- Real time development in C
- Linux driver development
- Knowledge of communications protocols
- Open source software contributions
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic working environment in which you will be regularly exposed to new problems that require pushing the boundaries of engineering. The type and variety of the projects that our client undertakes requires the very best people, and provides opportunities for professional development that you would struggle to match elsewhere.
With software playing a key role in nearly all leading-edge applications of technology, the embedded software engineer will be involved across the whole range of development projects. In most cases our roles involve working with one or more software or hardware engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
They provide all the training and support that you need to complete your projects and grow your skills, and the nature of their business means that they are able to support career growth in many dimensions according to your desire, including technical, commercial and management.
If this Embedded Software Engineer role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact us via email  or by calling us on if you’d like to chat more about the role. We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks.
If you’re selected we’ll be in contact, and if not we’ll be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job