Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
This role offers a new and exciting opportunity in a growing area of the business for a self-motivated and highly talented Embedded Software Engineer.
A Software Engineer is expected to take responsibility for analysing a Functional Specification, deriving a Design Specification, implementing the code, testing it at a Unit and Feature level and delivering it.
A Software Engineer is expected to work with others in the team to ensure project objectives. He/She is expected to participate in Peer Reviews of different project related artefacts.
As a Senior Engineer, he/she is expected to follow the defined Software Development Process and contribute to improvement in Software Technologies and Design Process.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The candidate should ideally have at least 3 years of experience with the following
· Software Processes and Practices
Requirements Analysis to derive Design Specification from Functional Specification
Object Oriented Design
Code using standards such as MISRA C/C++
Unit, Integration and SW Functional Tests
· Programming Languages
Embedded C and C++
· RTOS: VxWorks or Embedded Linux or any RTOS of similar complexity
· Experience of developing software for 32 bit Microcontroller/Microprocessor
· Experience of implementing software for hard real-time systems (timing critical applications)
· Experience of software development using coding standards such as MISRA C/C++ and using Static Analysis tools like Klocwork
· Experience of Source Control Management systems like SVN or Git
· Excellent Communication skills in English
· Experience of developing software on multi-core microprocessors
· Experience of developing products for Industrial Automation (PLC, Industrial Communication Gateways, Motor/Drive Control, Industrial HMI…)
· Knowledge/Experience of AGILE SW Development Lifecycle
· Knowledge/Experience of Test Driven Development
· Knowledge/Experience of Secure Coding Standards in C/C++
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline like Computer Science or Electronics.
Sufficient relevant experience will be considered as an alternative.
Fluent spoken and written English
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply on line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job