Embedded Software Engineer, C, C++, Multi-threaded RTOS, Bare Metal Embedded, CPU/MPU, ARM based architectures, MISRA Compliance, East Midlands, Derby.
Cordius is the exclusive recruitment partner to a leading privately owned Research & Development organisation in Derby, an exciting business with a significant track record in applied solution engineering, designing and developing cutting edge technology products.
If you are a highly capable Embedded Software Engineer this is an excellent opportunity to join a small team of multi-disciplined experts and become a part of a growing company. You will be part of a successful and highly motivated R&D team with a passion for new technologies, creating unique, leading edge, embedded technology of the highest standard.
This is a challenging position and the ideal academic background would be an Electronic Engineering Degree 1st or 2:1. Additional post grad qualifications MSc, PhD would be advantageous. Ideally you will have 5+ years commercial experience in a relevant industry.
You will be responsible for developing innovative products and systems and must be able to demonstrate strong design and coding skills, with a desire to explore ideas and, above all, have a passion for quality.
- Strong C, C++ development skills.
- Multi-threaded RTOS and Bare Metal embedded experience.
- Background in a range of CPU/MPU’s with practical experience in ARM based architectures.
- Familiar with MISRA Compliance or similar quality source code conformance specification.
- Good written and oral communication skills with a diagnostic approach.
- SC clearance / able to gain security clearance to SC level.
- SPARK12, SIL 3/4, High reliability background.
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Analysis of customer requirements to produce maintainable designs.
- Develop and deliver work to schedule.
- Participate in code and documentation reviews.
- Provide estimates for tasks.
- Provide input to technical authors producing documentation.
- Be expected to work with support engineers on customer issues.
- Have the ability to work in a team and on your own initiative.
- Have an eye for detail and be good at identifying problems whilst suggesting prospective solutions.
- Perform third party software integrations.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits (Depending on Experience)
Location: Derby, East Midlands
- Embedded Software
- SC Clearance
- High Reliability