Job title: Embedded Firmware / Hardware Development Engineer IoT
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Bonus, Share Options, Pension
Sector: Internet of Things
Location: Chelsea, London
About the company
We are unlocking the Internet of Things (IoT), enabling devices in a way that their own creators might not have imagined, and doing it audaciously with a small but brilliant team (if we do say so ourselves).
Our full end-to-end software and hardware solution enables users to automate the unautomated, and work with any device in any environment - regardless of age or the protocol used.
We're growing our team rapidly and we're looking for two self-starting, eager, daring and hungry people to join us as we test the limits of IoT.
We are looking three energetic, engineers who develop mixed-signal ASICs and embedded systems. As an Embedded Hardware/Firmware development engineer, you will be working within a small and talented team on several ground breaking, innovative and sector-leading projects driving the progress of IoT.
Your focus would lie in collaborating on concepts and developing electronic systems with the primary view/focus being on ARM Microcontroller; Wireless communication; Low-power; connection of sensors and embedded Linux. Responsibilities include the building of prototypes; the creation of layouts; maintenance of component libraries; providing our products
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the heart of an IoT innovation space, enabling someone who has a keen interest in this field to exercise that passion in the work place and have a voice to help shape a new organisation whilst make a difference.
The successful candidate must have strong experience in hardware, low power IoT and handheld devices, embedded software / firmware development in C, and within wireless networking communications. You must also have knowledge of hardware component and low-level operation.
You will ideally have experience with RF based communications and be familiar with nowadays development environment, as well as have a track record of working with a number of microprocessors including STM32 ARM processors.
- 5 - 7 years practical experience
- A degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in digital and analogue circuit design
- Embedded Linux
- Experience in PCB design
- Experience in RF
- Excellent embedded C programming abilities
- Experience in taking products through the certification process (CE / FCC, Bluetooth, MFi, etc.)
- Experience in taking products from development to mass production
- The ability to integrate wireless modules such as WiFi, BLE, GSM into hardware
- Experience in managing and growing teams, as well as evaluating and setting their development targets would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) and the ability to collaborate in small teams, with rapid development practices
- Independent; team player, flexible and enjoys technical challenges
- A flair for technology, creative in finding solutions and a good understanding of technology
- Proven experience in embedded systems design
- Experience in working with radio frequencies as well as knowledge of their designs, such as antenna matching, link budgeting and testing equipment usage.
- At least one scripting language (e.g., Python C/C++) would be an advantage
- Experience in working on low power electronics,
- Working knowledge of IoT protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and MQTT, LoRa, Zigbee, Z-wave
- Experience with ARM Cortex M series processors
- Experience in mechanical and manufacturing processes
- Proven experience in project management and their processes
- Experience in acting in a client facing role
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us
- Embedded C