My client is a leading advanced technology manufacturer experiencing phenomenal growth and enviable performance based in the North East of England. Due to continued growth and expansion, my client seeks to appoint an Embedded Firmware Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager, to take responsibility for the design and development of code for product applications.
- Design and develop code for a wide range of product applications.
- Maintain and expand embedded firmware suite.
- Creation of new firmware to internal coding standards.
- Play a key role in NPD
- Participate in formal and informal peer reviews at product development milestones
- Use of bug tracking and project management tools to effectively manage workload.
- Contribute to multi-disciplined teams on a wide array of projects and products
- Creation and management of high-quality documentation to accompany software designs, manuals and test plans.
- Develop PC test applications
To be considered for the role, it is essential that the incumbent be a degree qualified embedded/firmware engineering professional with demonstrable experience in a production firmware environment.
Key selection criteria:
- Degree in a relevant computing, electronics or related degree subject
- Demonstrable embedded firmware development experience gained working in industry
- Demonstrable strength and knowledge of programming in C (ideally will possess C++ and/or C#, Python and Java)
- Experience of event driven firmware control, state machines and procedural programming.
- Demonstrable understanding of microcontroller peripherals and drivers.
- Experience of communications busses e.g Serial, SPI, I2C, CANBus.
- Knowledge of microcontroller interfacing.
- Understanding of schematic diagrams.
- Solid understanding of electronics
- Process/systems focus
- Excellent communications skills
- Attentive with a commitment to personal development
This is an excellent opportunity for any individual still looking to continue their personal and technical development whilst playing an integral role for a highly successful, yet rapidly growing organisation at the forefront of technology within their field. My client can offer training, development and progression to the right candidate. This is the ideal time to join my client at this stage of their evolution
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'