Embedded C Software Engineer
Our client are a leading company that designs and manufactures advanced audio and video communications products for the financial, government/defence and security sectors.
This established organisation is experiencing a phase of expansion and are looking to add an Embedded Software Engineer to their Embedded VoIP product design team in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
We are seeking an embedded software developer with strong system architect design skills. The successful candidate will be required to assist the project leaders in all aspects of the project.
Day to Day
• Assist in the translation of the high-level product requirements to a technical specification and product architecture.
• Assist in identifying detailed project tasks and estimating their implementation timescales.
• Be involved in the complete development cycle: design, implementation and test.
• Debug problems and resolve root cause.
• Document and review code, solutions and test plans.
• Provide technical guidance to team members.
You are (Essential skills/experience)
• Hands-on experience designing complex multi-threaded, real-time embedded software systems using the C programming language.
• Extensive design experience with embedded Linux and uClinux.
• Experience of top-level architectural system design and documentation.
• Working knowledge of C++.
• Cross-platform software development experience within a Linux environment.
• Familiarity with a Windows based working environment.
• Wireshark or other networking tracing tool experience
• Familiarity with Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, VoIP etc.
• Experience of detailed system design and documentation.
• Experience of the full product development lifecycle.
Desirable (None essential skills)
• Development experience using the SIP protocol.
• Development experience of implementing a GUI using Qt (ideally for an embedded device).
• Telecommunications and/or Data networking background would be highly desirable.
• Linux device driver development.
• TCP/IP network stack knowledge.
• Encryption and authentication protocols, e.g. 802.1x
• Other network protocols Including Q931, HTTP, SNMP, STP, VLAN, RTP, RTCP, TFTP, DHCP and IGMP.
• Experience of embedded web servers.
• Experience of building and configuring open-source Linux/uClinux packages, preferably using Yocto and/or Buildroot.
• Source control (SVN)
• An appreciation of one or more POSIX real-time operating systems.
Please send CV for immediate consideration.
Embedded C Programmer, Embedded C Software Engineer, Embedded C Programmer, Embedded C Software Engineer, C++, embedded Linux and uClinux, VoiP, TCP/IP, Embedded C Programmer, Embedded C Software Engineer,
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'