This is an immediate requirement for an Embedded Engineer with experience of C/C++ in a Linux operating environment.
A great opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Linux Engineer to work for a market-leading software company in the city centre of Cambridge (accessible via train station). This embedded engineer role will be working on a number of products developed across several platforms.
In this role, you’ll be responsible to develop embedded Linux distributions, board support packages and device drivers for the hardware, including x86 and ARM based platforms. The role is reporting to the Embedded Software Manager, also giving support and guidance to the systems development team to create complete product solutions.
- Organize, automate and manage Linux distributions across the company portfolio of products, across chip architectures and platform versions
- Provide feasibility and cost studies for custom software projects
- Liaise with the Operations team to ensure the products can be manufactured
- Provide support to the Sales team to ensure specifications meet customer requirements
- Liaise with and visit customers as required
- Bachelors’ degree in an electronic or software subject
- Significant experience with embedded C and C++
- Good Knowledge with Linux networking configuration (i.e. Routing/Wi-Fi/Cellular)
- Comfortable with release management e.g. Git
- Good knowledge of developing low level software
- Experience with GCC/GNU Linux tool chain and cross compiling
- Hands on experience in image processing/UML software modelling/Rest APIs
- Good knowledge in Open Embedded or experience in Yocto project
- Java programming
- Android development experience - low level Android porting
- Understanding either industry protocols such as Bluetooth LE, Modbus, Zigbee, PWM
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual, who is prepared to go the extra 'mile’ to make a difference