The role of email marketing & the social media executive is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and ambitious marketing team, working across multiple brands within a market leading travel company.
About Specialist Journeys:
Specialist Journeys is a small group of specialist travel companies, which includes some of the UK’s most respected niche travel brands. We have offices in the England, Scotland and New York, with this role based in Salisbury, although there will be opportunities for travel.
The email marketing & social media executive will be an integrated role within the Specialist Journeys marketing team, responsible for execution and growth of email marketing and social media channels. Within this, key responsibilities include:
- Creating and executing email marketing across different specialist interest brands including wine, history, archaeology, gardens and special interests
- Maintaining and developing social media platforms
- Working closely with the Brand Manager to come up with new ideas for content-driven marketing.
- Working with internal and freelance staff across the group to research, solicit and edit content.
- Research and keep up to date with the latest ideas and competition in email marketing, social media and content marketing.
- Work closely with the online and offline marketing teams to improve the quality, frequency and ROI of email marketing and social media.
- General copywriting projects as and when required.
Working closely with the Copywriter/PR executive to ensure PR campaigns and communications are effectively translated across email and social media channels.
Skills & Experience:
This role would be suitable for an ambitious marketing professional looking to develop their career within the travel industry.
- Creative and high energy with a love for travel
- Experience in email marketing and working knowledge of mailchimp
- Ability to write in multiple tones of voice for different brands and audiences
- At least 2 years’ experience in a professional marketing role
- Forward thinking and dedicated approach to maintaining social media channels
- Demonstrably skilled at managing workload and multiple priorities
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Able to work well as part of a team and contribute positively to the overall marketing department and company as a whole
- Email Marketing
- Social Media