Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
At Homebase, digital marketing plays a key role in delivering growth of the digital and in store business and delivery of consistent marketing campaigns and activities across all channels.
The Email Coordinator will not manage a direct team but will need to work closely with key stakeholders as listed below.
What will I be doing?
- Work collaboratively with the digital marketing manager, digital paid coordinator, insights, digital trading and trading planning team to understand the Digital Marketing Strategy for the coming year. Creating channel plans for the next 6-12 months.
- Building relationships with the commercial team to understand their category requirements and develop plans on how to support the categories throughout the calendar year.
- The Email Coordinator role is to manage all email activity from Homebase
- The primary responsibility will be the day to day operational running of our email marketing channels, driving maximum return on our marketing spend and executing plans that drive engagement, traffic to homebase.co.uk and revenue.
- The role will involve planning, briefing, building & sending of email campaigns plus reporting.
What I need to be successful:
- Previous experience in email digital marketing role
- Third level education with a 2:1 minimum degree
- Previous experience in digital marketing specifically, email
- Worked client side in previous digital marketing roles
- Preferable but not necessary to have previous retail experience
- You will possess a good knowledge of marketing channels and use this to ensure the operational success in your area, reporting on relevant performance and customer insights.
- You will support the Marketing Team to educate and engage key business stakeholders, across the Marketing and Commercial functions.
- Copywriting skills or content creation experience is essential
- Ability to manage and build strong relationships with external agencies
- Proven planning capabilities to deliver initiatives up to 6 months out
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Demonstrable capability to proactively seek and implement new and better ways to serve the customer and to drive engagement for the business
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot inconsistencies and issues which could affect the customers experience and financial performance
- Able to assimilate information from reports on your channels to identify successes, issues and opportunities
- Able to summarise effectively, you will be able to explain sometimes complex ideas in a simple way
- Highly numerate and demonstrable analytical capabilities to support analysis of channel performance (Google analytics essential)
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and individually, managing work load effectively and being flexible to meet changing requirements of the broader team
- A clear understanding of how analytics and insight are used to inform Marketing plans and continuous improvement
- Robust personality - able to communicate at all levels
- Creative thinker - able to identify and articulate marketing opportunities in emerging technologies or improvements to ways of working
- Understanding of key conversion nudges and techniques - e.g. product recommendations, product reviews etc.
- High level of commercial awareness, understanding the key drivers of sales and profit performance
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Highly IT literate with extensive knowledge of database marketing and experience using databases as a key source in business development
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'