An electronics technician with industrial experience is urgently required to support projects involved in assembly and testing of the clients electronics interface for products. The role requires a good understanding of electronic and metrology instrumentation, also the ability to accurately test, calibrate and repair technical equipment.
This is initially an 8 weeks temporary role with the possibility to extend into permanent role for the right candidate.
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good metrology practice in multi discipline workshops
- Adjusting equipment to meet manufacturers tolerance specifications
- Working on a wide & diverse range of electronic equipment
- Ownership of total work process, encompassing all aspects of ensuring client receives a quality product
- Recording work updates and procedures carries out with relevant certification
- Work as part of a team to ensure work is completed to agreed time scale
- Good understanding of electronic principles
- Recognisable qualification are preferable but mandatory - experience will be taken into consideration
- Practical skills including soldering and using workshop equipment
- Attention to detail and ability for follow technical instruction
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business & work effectively in a likeminded technical team
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have an excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn. Training will be given in the complex areas and technical aspects of the role which will be both in-house peer to peer, as well as with equipment manufacturers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job