Electronics Technician (Maternity cover)
Salary: £24,000 and £28,000 depending on experience
Our client is a market leader in the design and manufacture of complex computer imaging products which are used in industries from machine vision to medical devices, such as radiotherapy machines and surgical microscopes.
They are seeking an experienced Electronics Technician to join their company of 30 people at their modern office in South Buckinghamshire, between Slough and Uxbridge.
Initially the position will be offered as a 1-year fixed term contract to provide maternity cover but with a view to a possible permanent position after this time.
They manufacture electronic systems ranging from circuit boards to full systems which require testing and sub-assembly before despatch to their customers.
Primary duties will include:
- Electronic test of the company's products
- Optical inspection of products and components
- Mechanical assembly of product sub-assemblies
- Data collection and statistical analysis of product failures
Secondary duties will include:
- Re-work and repair of failed units
- Production Engineering Support
The successful applicant will need a range of skills and experience to fulfil this role.
They will be looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of basic electronic test equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant IPC standards
- SMT soldering and re-work abilities
- Working knowledge of Mechanical assembly
- Basic Computer literacy including Excel
- Good communication skills
- A recognized qualification in electronics is desirable - Preferably including an Apprenticeship with a recognised company.
- Experience of manufacturing prototype units and cables is desirable.
The likely salary will be between £24,000 and £28,000 depending on experience. The company offers 25 days holiday + bank holidays, and a company pension scheme.
Successful applicant to start ASAP.
They are a friendly and sociable company at a size where you will quickly get to know everyone. In your first few days you will be introduced to everyone in the organisation so you rapidly feel part of the team. They have an active social and sports culture. Social events, including pub lunches, a few lunch time BBQs, and evenings out, are organised regularly. The company holds an annual Christmas party including dinner and an overnight stay for staff and partners. Office facilities include free onsite parking and a shower, used by several staff who walk or cycle to work.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
- Soldering experience
- IPC qualification
- Inspection of electronic components experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job