Enigma People Solutions is proud to recruit for this dynamic and rapidly growing design consultancy.
Our client is looking for an Electronics & Systems Engineer who will play an important role in building up a new electronics team. You will hold the first technical electronics position within the company and be the basis of a team that will ultimately comprise a number of electronics hardware and firmware engineers to complement existing mechanical engineering and product design expertise.
Key skills required include but are not limited to:
1. Degree level qualification in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
2. Embedded Systems, hardware and firmware capable.
3. Hardware design for real products at medium to high volumes i.e. have a good knowledge of EMC, DfMetc. to be able to ensure designs are suitable for manufacture and sale.
4. Broad electronics experience - analogue, digital & mixed signal.
5. Familiar with power supply architectures & options.
6. E-CAD fluent - schematic capture (experience of a few different systems preferred).
7. Circuit simulation (PSPICE or similar).
8. Firmware: C essential, C++ desirable.
9. Circuit build, test & debug.
10. Highly competent at MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Desired Technical Skills
1. Experience with Single Board Computers / Modules.
2. Wireless connectivity (in particular Bluetooth / BLE).
3. Serial communications -USB, RS232 / 485, SPI / I2C / 1-wire other serial bus protocols.
4. Familiar with analogue & digital sensors and interfacing to acquisition electronics.
5. Data acquisition and analysis techniques.
6. Knowledge of PCB layout.
7. IT networking.
To be of interest you will be a highly motivated individual who is quick to learn and able to engage on multiple projects without direct supervision. You are already, or have the desire and capabilities to
become, a team leader who is able to speak with clients and non-technical stakeholders to understand their requirements and explain technical concepts. You always document your designs to
a high level of quality and have worked on development of medical products or in a similar regulated environment.
Your role will be to:
Take on a systems lead role for interdisciplinary projects involving electronics and mechanics, liaising with in-house designers and sub-contract electronics hardware and firmware
Review the work delivered by sub-contractors to ensure it meets functional and quality requirements.
Review designs for ability to meet regulatory requirements, in particular EMC and safety.
Work with clients to define detailed electronics & software requirements.
Work with project managers to develop proposals and project plans.
Provide some in-house electronics design capability. (much of this is currently outsourced)
o Design simple interface and interconnect circuits.
o Source COTS modules, including analysis of datasheets against requirements and evaluation and test of modules.
o Develop prototype systems for proof of concept work / early product prototypes (these systems are expected to be developed using a combination of off-the-shelf modules and custom hardware).
o Develop test circuits / equipment for internal development tests, including interfacing sensors / basic automation.
o Implement firmware for such prototypes / test circuits.
It is expected that the role will develop as the Electronics team is built up and the successful applicant should expect to play a significant part in developing both their own role and the nature of
This is a superb opportunity to join a forward thinking and successful SME business. In return you can expect a highly competitive salary & company workplace pension in a challenging and supportive
culture and the opportunity to grow your career with a company that is set to expand rapidly.
- Embedded Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job