Are you an experienced and knowledgeable Engineer who has worked on electronics systems?
Would you be interested in joining a team of 9 other Engineers working on an exciting range of real time electronic control systems for fuel injection equipment?
Then this role in Gillingham working for the world’s leader in diesel technology could be the one for you. Here is some more information;
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
• Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications.
• Capturing and analysing customer requirements.
• Designing control algorithms and strategies (using Matlab\Simulink) for autocode generation of production intent code.
• Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies.
• Calibrating servo controls and regulators.
• Supporting system and hardware FMEA.
• Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities.
Skills and attributes:
• Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
• Demonstrable industry related experience of developing real time embedded control systems.
• Understanding of Matlab-Simulink blocks
• Use of CCP calibration tools (eg. INCA, ATI Vision, CANape )
• Experience of defining and developing control strategies in Matlab
• Understanding of Powertrain sensors and actuators (analogue, digital, H-Bridge, CAN based, SENT)
• Understanding of CAN, UDS and J1939 protocols
• Understanding of C code, ASCII and Hexadecimal
• Experience of working for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
• Experience of a production intent auto-coding environment.
• CAN Tools (eg. CANAlyzer)
• Clearcase (or similar configuration management tool)
As well as being a solid Engineer you definitely need to be a team player as work is ramping up in the department and all the Engineers will need to pull together to meet the delivery deadline.
This role is really for someone who is keen to get a system working and delivered, someone who is willing to deep dive into problems to derive root cause.
If you can bring the experience and knowledge we need the company can offer you the following;
· Holidays - 27 days p.a. (Pro rata to start date), Plus 8 bank Holidays
· Subsidized staff restaurant
· Dental Plan
· On Site Parking
· Paid Monthly (19th)
· Possible option to join AXA Health
· Local discounts at Gym and Car dealer (details on appointment)
So if you think you have the skills energy and experience we are looking for, and if you are keen to take on this challenging role, then please submit your CV today. If it looks like you have what we need I will get in touch with you right away.
My name is Ben Bridle at bbr talent in Essex and I look forward to hearing from you.