£45K - £50k
Our client is an innovative medical device company specialising in the design and development of cutting edge electro-mechanical medical devices and due to continued growth they now have an immediate requirement for an Manufacturing Operation Project Engineer with strong Electronics design and manufacture background to have the fundamental responsibility for driving change and continuous improvement in the Operations function, working closely with the Manufacturing, Quality, Product Development and Supply chain teams, this is a broad ranging and pivotal role in which the Electronic Project Systems Engineer will lead improvements across all areas of Operations ranging from individual projects, product improvement, manufacturing process improvement, documentation optimisation, business system / process / procedural improvements and optimisation in line with the Quality Management System.
- Leading business improvement projects based upon the principles of common sense and "value analysis / value engineering" (VA/VE)
- Continuous Improvement initiatives in the Operations function
- Management of new product introductions NPIs and taking products from Development through into manufacturing
- Cross functional leadership and management of multi-disciplined project teams focused on business improvement initiatives, leading structured problem-solving sessions to identify root causes, implementing robust solutions including the coordination of any V&V activities required to implement.
- Identify and lead improvements / optimisation in manufacturing processes to eliminate WASTE, improving quality and all aspect of productivity (QCD)
- Close liaison with Product Development and Quality to facilitate changes to product, processes and procedures.
- Lead and manage through the QMS all product changes, process and procedural improvements in manufacturing as well as sub-contract / outsourced manufacturers.
- Working closely with Supply Chain management team define and manage product enhancements aimed at improving product quality and reliability to achieve manufacturing performance improvements, cost reduction and improved productivity, including obsolescence management
- Seek and implement opportunities to introduce new jigs, fixtures, assembly techniques and optimised test methods to improve quality, repeatability and productivity.
- Supporting the introduction and adoption of IFS (ERP systems into Operations)
- Experience of designing products to meet the Medical Devices Electronics IEC60601 test standards.
- Excellent Project and Programme Management skills
- Strong leadership in a highly technical engineering environment
- First class engineering standards and manufacturing principles gained in highly technical manufacturing environments, with Lean manufacturing experience
- Design and Development of electronic and mechanical devices including process and design FMEA, design for manufacture, design for test, design for procurement.
- Value Analysis / Value Engineering
- Experience of managing / working closely with cross functional teams including the supply chain of mechanical, electrical and particularly electronic components
- Ability to draft specifications which specify practical and achievable tolerances and quality parameters.
- Managing mechanical, electrical and particularly electronic component, sub assembly and complete build finished units
- Excellent skills relating to product quality, including inspection of parts, sub-assemblies and finished devices.
- Root cause analysis problems solving skills, failure mode analysis and support product design changes / improvements.
- Inspection and measurement of mechanical and electronic parts
- Auditing supplier quality of manufacturing processes and finished parts.
- Product and process Validation and Verification expertise.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Degree qualified or equivalent skills from a mechanical, electronic, manufacturing, product engineering-based discipline.
- Quality Management System such as ISO9001 or ISO134385.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'