Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking to recruit an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer for our client based in Hartlepool. The main parts of the role will be managing the delivery of new products from concept (design) through to full production builds within predetermined time-scales, procedures & costs. Ensuring all associated documentation, tooling and manufacturing aids are provided. Providing cradle to grave technical support to the production department in order to maximise efficiencies and quality.
Key aspects include (but are not limited to):
- Determination / Evaluation of customer requirements.
- Ownership and accountability for all engineering aspects of the customer set.
- Liaise with Customers both internal and external in relation to engineering topics.
- Review and develop Test procedures and documentation.
- Generation of Mechanical Designs / Drawings.
- Engineering sample builds and associated activity.
- New Product Introduction management. Chair meeting involving all relevant stakeholders. (Purchasing, Production, Customer Service, Planning) Document and record details for future reference, auditing and improvement. Follow-up review meetings before final handover to production floor.
- Quote vs Actual review and confirmation.
- SMV review and confirmation.
- Liaise with other departments to identify, carry out root cause analysis and implement corrective actions on quality detractors.
- Leading and supporting Continuous Improvement Projects in line with Company objectives.
- Ensure all relevant documentation, systems and records are kept up to date and are audit ready.
- Generation of Production Documentation, Work Instructions, Quality care points, SOP’s.
- Work measurements & STD Time Summary generation.
- Production line layout (assist Supervisor / Manager).
- Product transfer to production. Provide on-going technical support and assistance to Production area to maximise efficiency and quality.
- Product Change Note (PCN) generation to cover future Engineering changes.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Engineering (or a related role such as Production or Industrial Engineering) and be able to demonstrate a track record of trouble-shooting issues within a manufacturing or production environment, and of successful continuous improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Strong communicator and can develop "presence" to win trust and confidence with the customer.
- Understanding of the requirements for manufacture of regulated products.
- Thorough understanding of a professional New Product Introduction life cycle for electronic products from concept to mass production.
- Understanding of the issues and best practices in introducing electronic product assembly into high quality volume manufacture.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving high-pressure environment.
- Broad understanding of the business processes of a High-Tech manufacturing organisation.
- A working knowledge and consideration of Regulatory and Health and Safety requirements and ensure compliance through-out.
- Ability to use MS Excel and Power Point to its full potential also, a good understanding of MS Project Plan.
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"