Based: Wimborne, Dorset
Term: Permanent, full time
We have an opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join the Electronics, Systems and Software team based in Wimborne, Dorset.
In this role you will be part of a team of engineers responsible for providing services in support of analogue systems.
The team has a diverse scope from requirements through to the design and maintenance of systems and products. The nature of the work and the balance of skills within the team is such that there will be an emphasis on providing robust classical analysis and modelling of analogue instrumentation front-ends.
- Carrying out specified design and development and repair work in own area of competence.
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and drawings as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment.
- Establish customer solutions and support discussions of the proposed solution(s) with customer representatives to agree the optimum outcome in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
- Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements.
- Detailed analysis of existing systems to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Provide specific technical support to project managers and / or team leaders for projects.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third-party equipment.
- Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer’s site.
The Wimborne office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- HND/Degree educated in Electronics Engineering or demonstrable industry experience in an electronics design role, including schematic design, PCB layout and mixed-mode simulation (e.g. Altium).
- A firm theoretical understanding and practical experience of the subtleties of analogue electronics design in instrumentation front-ends - e.g. noise, frequency response, cabling and temperature sensitivity effects; the mechanisms, analysis and modelling.
- Exposure to and understanding of the use of electronic component families and device categories.
- Experience of the systems engineering of complete electronic systems, including integration of PCBs into electronics racks/cabinets, and the thermal and reliability engineering aspects thereof.
- Use of modern instrumentation, e.g. digital mixed mode oscilloscopes and programmable instrumentation.
- Formal systems engineering tools and processes an advantage (e.g. DOORS).
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader.
- Capable of producing good oral and written communications.
What we do:
At Ultra Energy we focus on the design and supply of safety critical sensors and control systems, mainly to the nuclear industry in the UK, North America & China.
We design, manufacture, supply and support safety sensors and critical systems in both nuclear & selected industrial applications worldwide.Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet Security Clearance SC.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Ultra are an equal opportunities employer.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'