The applicant will be working closely with the Production team with a primary function of supporting existing and new designs through their manufacturing life cycle. Ensuring a high First Time Pass Yield, managing obsolescence as well as opportunity to lead iterative designs will be key aspects of this role. They will become a product expert on new designs coming from R&D and be responsible for training production assemblers, test and repair technicians as well as Sub-contract manufacturers where applicable.
Full product specific training will be provided. The role will be based at our offices in Didcot but you should expect some travel to support PCB production and testing at the suppliers and certification testing at third party test houses.
- Become a product expert in order to support/maintain/improve existing products using good engineering practices and regulatory standards.
- Support driving First Time Pass Yield (FTPY) to hit company targets
- Provide prompt technical support to production, including support for individual unit failures, either from the production line or with customer returns
- CAD updates including schematic capture, layout, prototyping and testing in order to maintain production designs, improve test capabilities or to reduce costs under R&D oversight.
- Obsolescence and second sourcing management of electronic components
- Design, build and document test jigs for production or subcontract manufacture use. Responsible for the deployment of test systems to subcontractor and provide support/training.
- Generate or update test/investigation reports and present to wider team.
- R&D support in order to understand new products before handover into production.
- Adhere to company and department processes
- Contribute to continual improvement initiatives within the team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'