8.30am - 5pm Monday - Thursday, with a 12.30pm finish on a Friday
We are looking for a proven Electronics Engineer with the required skillset and experience for our client who are based in Lanarkshire. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic business who are renowned for being an excellent employer.
They are looking for an innovative and motivated Electronics Engineer who will be involved in the development and continuous improvement of their electronics products from design and compliance testing, through to production and lifecycle management. The role will involve collaboration, across all aspects of each project, allowing ownership of the electronics development alongside other engineering disciplines, project management, procurement and operations teams.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Create / assist on the generation of product specifications based on customer requirements
- Prototyping, bench testing and environmental testing
- Creating well-considered designs which are suitable for mass production
- Working alongside software and mechanical engineers to ensure integration compliance
- Collaboration with external component suppliers and PCB manufacturers
- Researching and evaluating new technologies to further improve designs and functionality
- Ownership and management of documentation, drawings and specifications
Requirements of applicants include:
- A solid understanding of embedded electronics design, including analogue and digital interface design techniques
- Competent in efficient schematic generation and PCB layout
- Experience of analogue front-end design would be beneficial
- Knowledge of industrial interface design including standard analogue outputs, communication physical layers and power management
- Experience of EMC and compliance testing
- Familiarity with modular design techniques and reuse policies
- Understanding of C, C# and Python for test purposes
- The ideal candidate would also have a background in design for manufacture that includes an understanding of tolerances, variance, interactions and failure modes
- Experience that demonstrates innovative design and creative problem solving
- Strong practical skills including the ability to build and test prototypes
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a mixed skills team
- Ability to work on multiple projects and provide estimates of timescales and scope
Applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you feel that you meet the requirements for this role and would like to apply, please do so through the link provided. A well-written, detailed and fully up to date CV, along with a covering letter specific to this vacancy, would of course add significant weight to your application.
Please note that due to application levels and the specific requirements for this position, only the most suitable applicants can normally be contacted for further progression. Please refer to our website for details of how your information may be held.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'