We are seeking a qualified Electronics Engineer, with PCB design & test experience, to develop and innovate our new products within the food and retail sector. We are a market and brand leading international manufacturer based in Birmingham with a world-wide reputation built over 200 years.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
Additional Benefits Inc. Pension up to 11% + 25 days holiday (+ stats)
LOCATION: Commutable to our head office in Birmingham.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electronics Engineer.
Reporting to the Electrical / Mechanical Design Manager, we are looking for a time served Electronics Design Engineer who will form an integral part of our experienced technical development team, responsible for:
* Developing hardware concepts through to detailed circuit design, PCB layout / design and system electrical test & development (including electrical/electronic prototyping –bench skills)
* Product hardware architecture, including circuit design / capture and layout (mainly digital but with some analogue elements)
* Ensure product designs are tested for EMC /RFI
* Product electrical safety review to EN60950 and other applicable international standards
* Partner with third party manufacturing, vendors & suppliers to develop components for prototype devices or systems and work with them to ensure DFMEA principles are met
* End of Life specification, testing and validation activities
* Full hardware documentation, release and maintenance using PDM system
REQUIREMENTS: Electronic/Electrical Design Engineer
To be considered for this opportunity you MUST have qualification to HND or above. You must also be an Electronic/Electrical Design engineer with a proven track record in digital electronic circuit design and development.
In addition you WILL have:
* Experience in the use of a PCB CAD package – Altium, Eagle or similar
* Experience in the design and development/test for EMC/RFI
* Proven ability to manage projects (typically no more than 3 at a time) on time and within cost targets
* Extensive End of Life experience
You will also be adept at building strong professional relationships both internally and with our external partners. Key adjectives to describe you would include: strategic, innovative, persistent, influential, technologically astute and analytical.
Part of a multi-billion Dollar International Group, we are the market and brand leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative, quality products and solutions used by high street retailers. For over 200 years, our name has been synonymous with high street sales; from local butchers and bakers through to the largest high street food retailers. By understanding the ever changing nature of our markets, we have constantly delivered exactly what our customer’s want. That visionary performance has led to a whole series of industry firsts, technical advances and design triumphs.
PROSPECTS: We have and ongoing personal development programme as well as a highly supportive management team.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electronic Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, PCB Design.Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting reference LH3979 to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job