Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit an Electronics Engineer to provide engineering design and support site commissioning as appropriate to the complexity of the project and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Depending on the stage of the project, perform a range of electronic design tasks which will include:
- Negotiation of sub-system requirements.
- Derivation on circuit architectures.
- Circuit design and analysis.
- Schematic entry using altium schematic editor.
- Produce design documentation.
- Achieve manufacture of prototypes and initial test of these.
- Defining and performing formal testing including supporting environmental and emc trials.
- Produce design statement and test reports that contribute to the evidence requirement for certification of the product.
This work will be achieved to time and budget under the direction of the Principal Electrical Engineer. Dependent upon the specific project task and technology used, a range of skills will be considered including, digital and microprocessor design, analogue design, power electronics design including some power supply design.
The role also requires the production of system level design documentation, which will include electrical design tasks such as support electrical cabinets and system level wiring diagrams, including MCB contractor relay selection, cable sizes, point to point, labelling, etc.
Support to initial system commission and CE / UL / BDEW certification tests on-site will also be required, which will include international travel up to 10% per year.
The role will also include preparation and presentation of electronic designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews. Document design work and prepare reports, ensuring design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance to company procedures. Follow departmental processes relating to management of designs and the design and project management processes.
This is a broad role with an approximate split of:
- Circuit design for current product cost down, PCB obsolescence support (30%)
- Design and document electrical system designs (30%)
- Create required documentation and test plans for CE / UL / BDEW certifications (30%)
- Commissioning's / Expert electronic support on international customer sites (10%)
Additional Salary Info: Pension, life assurance, health insurance & 27 days holiday
Electronics Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Electronics | System Commission | System Design | Generator | BDEW |
- At least 3 years electronic design experience in a relevant industry is essential. We are looking for someone with a broad range of experience but ideally with strong all round electronic design skills.
- The role requires knowledge of Analogue and Digital design including microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, SMPS design, PCB design and design for EMC, schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium Designer or similar, LTspice or similar.
- A proficiency in using labs test equipment and troubleshooting controller boards is also required for the role.
About Our Company:
We are a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
We have been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK.