Our client is a leader in the development of data acquisition and video recording systems for Motorsport and Automotive applications; are looking to recruit a 1st class Electronic Engineer to develop their next generation video and data acquisition systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join an exciting team of engineers developing new solutions within the automotive and motorsport sector. This is an ideal role for an engineer who enjoys hands-on digital and analogue hardware development. The role also demands someone who can communicate well at all levels within the company and who can manage their own time as well as organise a team to come to a technical solution.
The role shall include the following responsibilities:
- Development of electronics hardware for automotive and motorsport applications
- Work with Technical Manager and key project stakeholders to undertake project requirements
- Requirements capture, analysis, design, schematic capture, and development.
- Design verification and validation testing
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
- Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering
- Analogue or Digital electronics design experience
- Appreciation of best practice engineering processes
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- A proactive approach to developing new ideas and solutions
- Solid oral and written communication skills in English
- High level of EMC/RFI design and test experience
- Analogue and Digital Electronics Experience:
- Microprocessors and high speed digital design.
- Switch mode power supply design
- Serial interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART
- Automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY
- Amplifiers, filters
- Sensor signal conditioning.
- Micro-controller interfacing.
- Ethernet interfacing.
- Knowledge of Triac/SCRs, IGBTs & FET
- Power supply design
- DC Motor control
- Actuator drives.
- Circuit simulation & design tolerance analysis
- Circuit electrical and thermal rating analysis
- Design for high volume manufacture
- Robust design including FMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of programmable hardware design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs using a Hardware Description Language (HDL), specifically VHDL.
- Automotive Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Research Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job