Tracerco is a world leading industrial technology company. We add measurable value to our clients, partners and shareholders through the development and application of intelligent sensing, detection and analysis technologies.
Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, Tracerco employs over 400 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group, at FTSE 100 company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic, and creative Electronic Hardware Engineer to work with us in our Research and Development team, helping to deliver the next generation of Tracerco products and services.
Reporting to the R&D project manager, you will apply electronic engineering skills to deliver value to our customers across industry, including the Oil, Gas and Chemicals industries. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of product design from concept to prototyping. The job holder will show drive in developing themselves and staying abreast of latest technologies and will work closely with customers to deliver optimal solutions that truly meet our customer’s needs.
Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or equivalent, the candidate will be a creative thinker who can demonstrate prior success in the application of electronic hardware engineering skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- have drive and enthusiasm and be passionate about electronic engineering and new technology.
- be an innovative thinker with practical engineering skills to complement theoretical knowledge.
- be capable of finding practical engineering solutions to solve problems.
- have the ability to communicate effectively and proactively.
o Able to interact with customers to understand their requirements and where we can add value.
o Able to interact with the development team and wider Tracerco business to solve problems.
- have a degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- have proven experience designing analogue and digital electronic circuits / products.
- have a solid understanding of electronics design for EMC compliance.
Desirable would be:
- knowledge of serial interfaces and industrial communication protocols (e.g. USB, RS485/RS232, Modbus, Bluetooth).
- experience working with FPGAs and CPLDs.
- knowledge of multilayer PCB design and modelling of electronics.
- CE compliance requirements.
- Understanding of industry standards applied to electronics (Directives 2014/30/EU, 2014/35/EU, etc.)
- Experience of safety and reliability analysis: Performing FMEA, FTA, and reliability analysis for products.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company in which people are truly the greatest asset. Our people develop personally and professionally in a successful environment where we encourage a culture of innovation and where people have the freedom to implement ideas to improve the business. As our business grows, we retain the personal touch and can-do spirit which our people and customers experience, as well as maintaining our strong reputation for integrity and innovation.
About Tracerco: Tracerco is part of the Johnson Matthey Group, a FTSE 100 Company with an annual turnover of over £10 billion, operating in over 30 countries and employing around 13,000 people. Tracerco has won multiple prestigious awards for innovation and enterprise.
- Embedded Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job