(Battery Systems Manager)
£50 - £60,000 DOE
Excellent Company benefits
Would it interest you to join an innovative well-funded Company to lead the pioneering Battery Systems team. Reporting to the Head of Battery Development and Integration, it is a technically exciting and varied role. Using proven ground-breaking technology you will be responsible for the development of a revolutionary range of battery systems for applications including aviation, automotive and defence industry sectors associated with renewable energy storage systems. It involves working with a number of development partners to design the batteries but also developing proof-of-concept systems in-house. Original thinking is greatly encouraged to produce innovative solutions for developing the technology further.
The Battery Systems Manager will provide leadership for the team of five engineers and you will also be involved with technical support associated with Business Development activities, heading up the design and development engineering on key projects.
Responsibilities and activities will include:
- Day-to-day management of the team, agreeing activities and priorities in line with company objectives
- Representing the Company at high-level customer meetings
- Technical leadership within key projects including specifications, battery system design, prototyping and testing batteries and documentation
- Liaising with external design contractors and battery integration partners
- Ensuring appropriate Health and Safety protocol is in place for the team
- Technical support for the commercial team and occasional international travel may be required
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude is essential to deliver quality products in short timescales.
Key Requirements for Electronics Engineer - Battery Systems manager
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- 2 - 3 years' leadership and management responsibility
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a development environment
- Proven ability in electronic design
- Basic understanding of real-time embedded C software
- Basic understanding of mechanical packaging design
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
Experience of any of the following would be welcome:
- Battery management systems (BMS)
- VB coding of diagnostic software/coding to MISRA C
- PRINCE2 Project management (Foundation or Practitioner)
- ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Working with high voltages
- Working with high energy systems
- High current DC switching
Salary in range of £50k - £60k DOE
Pension scheme (with Scottish Widows) 6% + 6%
Life Insurance in service of 3 x salary
Sick pay - paid full > 2 months pa
Private Healthcare for staff + family if required
Holidays - 20 days + 8 public + Xmas to New Year (3 or 4 days)
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line or contact Roger Holden at Graham Rose Recruitment.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Graham Rose Ltd who are operating as a recruitment business and agency.
- Electronics Engineering
- Embedded C Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job