Role: Electronics Design Engineer
Salary: 37k - 40k + Benefits
Status: Permanent Full Time
My client is seeking an experienced Electronics Design Engineer to be part of a multidisciplined team of engineers and will be expected actively engage with the full product life cycle.
You will be providing electronics expertise necessary to support the design, manufacture and testing of a range of high precision products.
You will also be responsible for developing products from concept stage, designing schematics and PCB layouts.
The ability to work effectively with others as part of a cross-functional product design team and to meet deadlines is essential.
- Responsible for the detailed design of complex, multi-layer PCBs (up to 8 layers) with experience on both analogue and digital electronics using Cadence package (OrCad & Allegro PCB Editor)
- Responsible for the detailed design of machine and test probing cabling, using Draftsight or AutoCad (Range from microvolts to 15kV and/or femtoamps to 100A)
- Preparing documentation concerning Bill of Materials, Change Notes and Build Instructions in accordance with company procedures
- Designing bespoke requirements around the core product platform based on customer specifications
- Resolving issues with legacy products fault finding etc.
- Maintaining equipment and product Certification to ensure conformity to European standards (CE marking)
- Responsible for complying with all health and safety requirements and safe operating practices operated by the company and client sites, carrying out risk assessments
- Experience on R&D - designing and developing new products
- Assisting production with Quality Checks, circuit debugging and test methodologies
- Understanding of firmware and software interactions with microcontroller-based designs in C or C++.
- Liaising and assisting the sales department with specifications at quotation stage
- Assisting and liaising with other internal departments on all electrical aspects of products
- Broad electronics experience
- Knowledge of stepper motor drives
- Microcontroller and microprocessor-based design
- Firmware in C, C++
- Electronics Testers and measurement equipment i.e. Keithley Tektronix and/or Keysight
- Analogue and digital design
- Technical drawing using Cadence (OrCad, Allegro) and AutoCad/ Draftsight
- Design to EMC standard (CE and UL)
- Safe working practices Health & Safety and Electrical Regulations
- Semiconductor industry
- Precision instrumentation
- Awareness of RF design
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'