Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse and identify component and complex circuit failures for rework disposition
- Review and verify failure data based upon circuit analysis to component level.
- Ability to interpret schematic printed circuit board drawings
- Visually recognise PCB assembly errors
- Analyze and identify failures to specification compliance in a timely manner
- Feedback potential test related issues to Test Technician / Engineers for improvement.
- Feedback potential Supplier related issues to SQA for improvement.
- Feedback potential Process related issues to Process Quality / Production for improvement.
- Report and document any failure trends to Lab Supervisor
- Maintain organization of analysis areas to meet or exceed housekeeping and WIP objectives
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures
- Reporting of yield data trends and analysis
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support TS 16949 and ISO14001 standards
- Provide daily shift reports
- Support Process, Product, Test, and Quality Engineering as and when required
- Document all analysis data and provide reports on prescribed frequency
- Proactively maintain minimal work in process in analysis areas
- Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, experience and skills required fall within a postholder's expected capabilities and commensurate with the post holder's position in the company
- Produce concise Technical reports to detail failure investigation
Education / Qualifications Required:
- ONC in Electronics and 2 years experience OR
Experience in Electronics repair / analysis function
- Solder inspection
- Two years experience analyzing and repairing circuit and component failures
- Excellent working knowledge of multi-meters, oscilloscopes and other analysis equipment.
- Ability to use measuring equipment e.g. DMM, Oscilloscopes
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Willingness to participate on a team and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in a high volume SMT electronics production environment
- Solder inspection experience.