Electronics and Raw Material Buyer
The Procurement Division of SF Group are currently recruiting for a Buyer for our client based in Leicestershire.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for the management of the suppliers buying goods and services which are critical to the business. You will also be responsible for:
- Reviewing MRP and placing orders with approved suppliers and sub-contractors
- Negotiating best price, quality and ensuring minimal stock holding
- Advise and recommend new suppliers
- Assist and support the Procurement Manager on the implementation of procurement strategies and goals
- Supporting with new product introduction (NPI) working with the Engineers
- Support with inventory policies and pro-actively reducing lead times
- Support with the rationalisation of the supplier base
The successful candidate must have previous experience (minimum of 2 years) within a purchasing/buyer's position as well as the following skills:
- Strategically minded with a strong approach to problem solving
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven record in cost reduction
- Experience of manufacturing procurement (highly desirable)
- Familiar with ERP, MRP systems and SAP
- Degree in Business Studies, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering (desirable)
- CIPS Qualification or studying towards (desirable)
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8.30pm - 5pm with an early finish of 2.30pm on a Friday.
In return for the above the employer is looking to offer between £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job