Electronic Innovation Engineer
The purpose of this role is to generate concepts and develop projects in line with New Product Innovation Strategy, Insight Strategy and Ideation Strategy.
- Investigate new / emerging technologies, innovations and opportunities, increase company knowledge and gather Insight.
- Presentation of Innovation / concepts to Innovation and IP Manager.
- Filter and check feasibility of concepts. Liaise with other NPD departments.
- Communication with external / open innovation sources.
- Manage personal time and book resources as required.
- Determine concept novelty / inventive step.
- Attend ideation sessions.
- Generate, filter at least one concept per year.
- Preparation of Patent Disclosure and assist Intellectual Property (IP) function to secure filing / grant of patent.
- Development of innovation / concept in a cost efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the KI stage gate process using Altium Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design software where appropriate.
- Programming using microcontroller Assemble or embedded C.
- Programming embedded prototype PCBs using Processing language.
- Meet project plan objectives.
- Development of Proof of Principle, Proof of Concept and Prototype models.
- Maintain project records and electronically file. Regular reporting of project status and attend regular project reviews.
- Assist in the handover of developed concept to NPD team.
- Propose production test methods and draft Product Design Specification (PDS) as directed
- Keep up to date with latest technological developments, through attendance at trade shows, talking to universities etc. and attending internal and external training where appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applicable HNC, HND or degree in Engineering.
- Experience in an applicable engineering product development role (preferably electro-mechanical) or equivalent.
- Competent in use of PCB design software or schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Working knowledge of PCB manufacture and assembly.
- Programming using processing language for embedded prototype PCB.
- Good communications skills and computer literate.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Completion of accredited engineering apprenticeship or engineering graduate training programme. - desirable
- Competent in the use of applicable design technology such as rapid prototyping and specialist test equipment etc.
- Prevous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job