New opportunity not to be missed! Innovative Technology has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronic Engineer (Production) to join our growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, we offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
At Innovative Technology, we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in our state-of-the-art head office.
At Innovative Technology, we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
At Innovative Technology we’ve an exciting new opportunity for an Electronic Engineer (Production) to work within our busy and expanding Production Engineering department. As we continue to grow our product portfolio, you’ll play an increasingly key role in ensuring efficient, cost-effective and rapid manufacturing processes.
In this new and exciting role as our Electronic Engineer (Production) you’ll be responsible for analysing production yields and failure analysis reports and provide advice to both our development, manufacturing and continuous improvement teams, in improving both PCBA manufacturing processes, as well as improving PCBA design.
If you’re an experienced Electronic Engineer, in production, looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, then this is would be the ideal opportunity for you.
- Provide advice to our continuous improvement team in improving PCBA design with a focus on Design for Testability (DFT), Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Analyse failure analysis and production yield reports produced by our manufacturing operations and ascertain where manufacturing processes can be optimised. You will use this data to improve production yields by identifying root cause of a problem and eliminating the reasons for defects.
- Providing advice on the design of fixtures and jigs for functional testing of final products that will be rolled out and used by our global manufacturing operations.
- Developing product test and reliability specifications, test plans, detailed documents, includes SOPS and to effectively communicate all instructions to the manufacturing/production lines.
- Liaise with and advise various departments and stakeholders.
- You’ll be involved in the approval process for alternative components for ITL products.
Please note, this role will also require a degree of international travel.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Experience as Electronic Engineer, or equivalent, with knowledge of working with electromechanical products, ideally in supporting an offshore manufacturing environment.
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of digital and analogue electronics, whilst being able to read and interpret schematic circuit diagrams.
- Familiarity with microcontroller/PLC technology to help development of in house automated testing.
Your Package & Perks
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us.
- Flexible working hours and working from home available, with the option to finish from midday on Fridays.
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot drinks.
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday.
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members.
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
If you’re an experienced Electronic Engineer (Production) looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, we want to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job