Having experienced an exciting level of development into new fields this niche Engineering Design and Manufacturing company is looking to expand the R&D department and is therefore looking for an experienced Electronic Engineer to take a senior role within the company. The successful candidate will be working on several projects based within the design department which will involve various disciplines including electronic design and testing, project management and liaising with other departments within the company.
Personal development must be of a high standard with the ability to work on one’s own initiative together with excellent communication and I.T. skills. General engineering skills are assumed (soldering and ability to carry out fault finding down to component level) together with excellent test and measurement knowledge being applied from product conception through to production-ready parts. Good knowledge of EMC principles is required.Hazardous Area training will be given as part of the role, as this is integral in determining the requirements and limitations for the majority of our designs.
We are seeking an experienced Degree educated Engineer in electrical / electronic engineering with the following core skills:
- In-depth knowledge of low voltage analogue and digital circuit design.
- Programming skills specifically related to the PIC MCU.
- Proficient in C language coding.
- Communication protocols (RS232, RS485, XML Code and ASCII etc).
- PCB design and artwork experience
Desired Skills to include :
- Electro-mechanical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of optoelectronics (LED’s and Phototransistors).
- Knowledge and use of calibrated engineering equipment.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of Radar / Sonar / 3D imaging technology.
- Knowledge of Load cell design.
- Anything encoder related, primarily dealing with rotating electrical machines.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings (2D and 3D).
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Hazardous areas (Flameproof and Intrinsic Safety) would be advantageous.
- Strong mathematically.
- Knowledge of CNC Lathes and Milling Machines.
- Presentation / Sales skills when meeting existing / potential customers.
Salary and Conditions
Hours: 40 hours per week (days 8am - 4.30pm)
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE
Company Pension, Health Scheme, starting 20 holidays per year
- Electro-Mechanical Design
- C Programming