Electronic Design Engineer
Our client based in Fareham requires an experienced Electronic Design Engineer.
To create design solutions for electronic/electrical products in underwater vehicles in line with the company`s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams.
You may be required to manage projects, this will require you to direct and co-ordinate project activities within the Engineering Department and other areas of the business such as Purchasing, Operations, Sales and Logistics.
- In depth knowledge of BLDC motors - 1kW+
- Knowledge of motor control theory
- Proven hardware design experience
- Proven experience of knowledge of design for EMC compliance
- Development of test procedures and requirements specifications
- Experience of conducting hardware qualification testing
- Fault finding and defect resolution
- System level integration and testing
- "Hands on" approach to the above
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience
- Design of electronic products from specification through design and test, to production
- Analogue (small signal and power) and digital electronics
- PSU design, with an output of 10`s kW, at several kV
- Power transmission and power factor correction
- Knowledge of electrical wiring regulations
- Solid state protected power switching
- Control gear
- LTSpice simulation
- Orcad schematic
- Office software suite
- Video technology
- Fibre optic technology
- Current knowledge of Maritime standards
- Previous relevant experience