Purpose of Role/Key Objectives
Working as an Electronic Design Engineer within a world class research & development team. The role involves circuit design, testing, PCB design and simulation with primary responsibility for analogue/digital technology. All work carried out within this department requires the need to embrace our design ethos and working practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Electronic design including;-
- Analogue and digital circuit design.
- Simulation and analysis of circuits.
- Schematic entry into the CAD system.
- PCB Design
- PCB and Circuit testing on bench. (lab work)
- Liaising with PCB manufacturers
- Sourcing standard samples and liaising with companies for custom samples
- Other product testing e.g. safety, listening etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Computer skills - Microsoft and Windows applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of computer networks and fault finding.
- Lab work skills for measuring, fault finding, testing .etc.
- Some workshop skills - drilling, milling.
- Knowledge of Mentor graphics ECAD preferable.
- Good time management and organization.
- The job holder should be a good team player, able to interact with all other departments easily and have the ability to multi-task efficiently.
Qualifications / Experience
- Engineering degree
- Experience in audio sector Good solid analogue electronic design background with preferably at least two years' experience in this function.
For more information, please get in touch!