Location: Warrington, Cheshire WA4 6PS
Salary: £25,607 - £29,120 (inclusive of shift allowances) + overtime + call out rates
Hrs : Rotating 2 shift pattern (Mon-Fri) 06:00-14:00hrs / 14:00-22:00hrs
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
A Cheshire based company who play a major part in steel industry working on large international projects is seeking an experienced Electromechanical Engineer to work within their production facility based in Warrington, Cheshire.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will plan for and organise materials, tools and other resources needed to undertake required works in order to minimise machine downtime.
You will also be involved in the Planned Preventative Maintenance for all site equipment and day-to-day maintenance and installation activities as required
As the Electromechanical Engineer your duties will be to:
- Ensure familiarity, and compliance with, Health and Safety procedures and expectations for the site, and any specific H&S requirements for the engineering or assigned department.
- Ensure that the mechanical engineer, apprentices and contractors including accurate completion of job sheets/cards as appropriate.
- Ensure that all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule for all departments is followed and findings of improvements are recorded and reported.
- Ensure compliance with production priorities and best practices to ensure minimum downtime of critical equipment.
- Train Production Setters in first line preventative checks and maintenance routines as well as basic troubleshooting, including drafting a simple troubleshooting flow chart per machine.
- Implement 5S in the engineering and surrounding areas and maintain levels after completion.
- Maintain and compile detailed records on maintenance and repair works undertaken on all equipment including parts used and required for next service, fault reported, repair solution, internal/external contract repair.
- To assist with Continuous Improvement or other projects.
- With electrical contractor carry out electrical maintenance and repairs of production equipment (e.g.: motors and associated equipment for both HV and LV systems)
- Installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, motors, controllers, PLC's, drives and any other equipment and machines present on site.
- Assist in testing, installing and commissioning of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Identify, design, produce or organise 3rd party production of, ad hoc repairs and modifications as required.
- Machine installation, relocation, commissioning or other such projects.
To be a successful Electromechanical Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical Engineering qualification essential.
- Experience in a similar position within a multi process/multi line manufacturing and/or heavy engineering environment essential.
- Mechanical fitter qualifications or demonstrated working knowledge.
- Ideally have a Counterbalance FLT licence.
- Problem solving skills and competencies
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent Communication (written & verbal)
- Educated to a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to follow a plan, prioritise.
- Flexible approach to work with a 'can do' attitude.
- Possess a drive for success and accomplishment of responsibilities
- Proactive and Self confident
This role will involve initially working on a day shift at a pay rate of £14.07 p/hr. which would then proceed onto a two shift system working Monday - Friday 06:00-14:00hrs / 14:00-22:00hrs with shift premiums being paid.
Overtime is available - Mon - Saturdays would be x1.5 and Sundays are x2 time.
Holidays entitlement will be 26 days + bank holidays.
As part of the role, candidates must be flexible to participate in out-of-hours emergency call out system as per defined rota which also include call-out payments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'