Search Scientific are currently seeking an Electrochemist to join a company working at the forefront of integrated hydrogen energy solutions for energy delivery balancing, power storage and the production of Hydrogen for use in a wide range of applications.
The Electrochemist will work as part of a renowned team of engineers and scientists, based at two facilities in Sheffield, UK.
The opportunity to join the company comes at an exciting time in the company's history, with solid capital and several ongoing commercial projects; you can expect the companies name to be well known in the future.
The Electrochemist will work as part of an established multi-disciplined team with responsibilities focused on the development of new products against challenging targets.
Academically you will be qualified in Chemistry / Electrochemistry to at least MSc level, although a PhD level qualification is preferred. We are looking for a professional who has passion, a high level of commitment, and is focussed on getting products to market.
Responsibilities of the role to include:
* The development of support structures and catalysts
* Analysis using standard industrial tests for electrochemical including the detailed analysis of electrolysers using Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) techniques
* Development of low cost durable coatings to protect electrode/electrolyte environments
* Corrosion studies of cell components and coatings
* Identification of development opportunities and new IP.
* Presentation of results to groups including directors, external funding bodies, and centres of excellence
* Project Management
* 25 days holiday
* 5% pension & Salary exchange
* Death-in-Service benefit
* Childcare voucher
* Cycle to work
* Working hours 8:30am - 5pm
Salary negotiable on experience
Please contact Stephen Davis - / for more information or to apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job