Electro-Optical Materials Scientist
A new role for a Physicist / Materials Scientist / Physical Chemist with a background in the development of electro-optic (EO) materials has been created at a leading R&D company specialising in the electro-optic and electro-magnetic (radio frequency) systems domains. The Physicist / Materials Scientist / Physical Scientist will join as an Optical Materials Scientist and will be a key member of a specialist team providing their expertise - research, test and measurement and technical consultancy to their national and international client base. This is a technically challenging and interesting opportunity at growing SME company offering excellent long term career development opportunities together with an attractive rewards package.
This brand new position has been created to expand the technical expertise of the company's renowned Electro-Optical (EO) team. Projects cover the full electromagnetic spectrum, from UV to the radio frequency domain, for clients in the commercial and the defence market sectors. The Optical Materials Scientist will be a key member of a team of experienced scientists carrying out optical materials research including test and assessment activities together with some field work. You will lead projects and provide technical insight to influence new R&D activities and develop new future markets and clients.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Physicist / Materials Scientist / Physical Chemist / Semiconductor Physicist with a background in the development of opto-electronic materials & semiconductor devices to expand their expertise. The company are an excellent employer and offer a supportive work environment with ongoing mentoring, training and personal career development.
Requirements - Optical Materials Scientist:
- A Masters (MSc/ MPhys/MChem) or PhD in Physics, Materials Science, Semiconductors, Chemistry, etc.
- Research & Development of materials with Optical / Electro-Optical Properties, OR EO sensing devices / systems.
- Fabrication and characterisation of thin films, inorganic, organic composites, nanomaterials, and / or metamaterials
- EO/EM modelling of materials and metamaterials.
- Experience using Test and Measurement devices to determine optical properties or devices.
- Knowledge of optical properties of surfaces/coatings of the optical properties or surfaces / coatings or the properties and functions of EO sensor Systems.
- NB As some of the work is defence related candidates must be eligible for UK SC security clearance.
Job title: Electro-Optical Materials Scientist
Vacancy Location - Worcestershire
Salary circa £32-38K (Negotiable) plus pension and other benefits
- materials development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"