Electro-Mechanical Technician – Test and Validation
A new permanent, full-time opportunity has arisen for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join a growing, leading innovative energy storage company. This role will support their Test and Validation Engineer with a variety of activities in the Test Laboratory. This varied role could suit individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, including entry level.
Our client has the feel of a start-up but a unique perspective in the market as a public company with over 10 years at the forefront of technology research. They operate across the UK, Europe, Africa, USA and Australia.
Their proprietary liquid storage technology and storage machines optimise solar and wind assets, transforming the renewable energy industry.
This role could suit:
- Someone who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for technical-based subject matter in the beginning stages of their career; or perhaps you are looking to redirect your career playing to your natural talents and interests in a more technical, hands-on role?
- Someone who has related experience, e.g. mechanical (automotive machinery), electrical/ plumbing or any related technical domain
- A mechanical or electrical apprentice, or a graduate in an engineering related discipline
They are looking for:
- Aptitude for electro mechanical assembly (or similar related discipline); demonstrate manual dexterity
- Ability to work from electrical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Have a wide interest in how and why things work, and renewable energy
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver, methodical with strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Robust work ethic showing high levels of reliability, punctuality and dependability
- Eager to continuously grow and learn new skills
- Demonstrate good attention to detail along with a desire to find better ways of doing things
- Teamworking and the ability to build strong relationships with co-workers
- Safety conscious
- Right to work in E.U.
- General understanding of mechanical equipment, e.g. pipework, metal construction, mechanical fittings
- Practical hands-on experience of AC/DC grid electrical systems and equipment
- Experience of battery systems or other energy storage systems, renewable energy generation
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
The successful candidate will be an important member of the development team that is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the technology lead of the company as well as supporting the evaluation and qualification of the company’s products. Their aim is to lead in the energy storage sector with creative, novel, robust, reliable, highly functional products designed, prototyped, tested and manufactured to the highest standards.
The role will provide the opportunity to work in a variety of technical disciplines within the exciting sector of energy storage and renewable energy. You will report to the Test and Validation Engineer, also working closely with the R&D team, Product Manager, Technical Author and across their Design Engineering, Software Engineering, and Customer Support teams.
As a small and growing company, there is significant opportunity to shape the role and an expectation for both team and independent working.
- Installation of test equipment
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of machines, documenting and reporting issues to Design Engineering to ensure resolution
- Run and document Tests on machines for research and product validation activities
- Understand and follow documentation procedures throughout the test process (checklists, procedures, safety signage, guides, etc)
- Monitor the above as well as existing equipment and experiments
- Use electrical test equipment to support test activities
- Continue to look for improvement in setting up operation and maintenance of machines
- Adhere to and promote H&S best practice and day to day housekeeping of the Test laboratory
Electro-Mechanical Technician Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Following three months’ service, the Company will match up to 5% pension contributions should you remain opted in to the Company Pension
- Following probationary completion, you can choose to join the Private Medical Insurance Scheme with BUPA (medical history disregarded), and Leisure Travel Policy
- Opportunity to learn new skills in an exciting emerging technology
If you feel you are suitable for the Electro-Mechanical Technician role, please apply now!
Electro-Mechanical Technician, Electro Mechanical Technician, ElectroMechanical Technician, Test Engineer, Validation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Trainee Engineer,
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job