We are recruiting for an experienced Team Leader with electro-mechanical engineering experience to join our client at their manufacturing site based in the Burton On Trent area.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor; the main purpose is to run the cell efficiently with respect to meeting H&SE, QA/QC, delivery and productivity targets
This is a productive role, and the first line of management for operational staff. The expectation is you will spend 80% of your time productive as a team member and 20% of your time dedicated to a team leader
- Lead by example, you are the Team Leader and set the standards your team will follow
- Drive the performance of you team members through the best practice principles of Team Leader. These include but are not limited to:
- Continuous improvement of the teams, processes and performance following company policies/procedures
- Planning of work and work output in your area to meet the delivery requirements of the business.
- Setting clear achievable weekly and daily goals and monitoring these goals
- Open transparent communication with the team on performance and requirements of the business (including tool box talks and Health and Safety briefs, etc)
- Management of the team members performance and competence
- Problem solving, look to solve problems and conflicts within the team before escalating
- Supporting Engineering with NPI
- NVQ Level 2 Team Leading or similar
- NVQ Level 2 Engineering or similar
- Proven work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC Skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- ILM Level 2 Leadership & Management or similar
- Technical background of Electrical / Mechanical assembly operations
- In-house / Training course certificate
Salary : £23-25K
Hours: 7.30am-4.00pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am-12.30pm Friday
We welcome approaches from candidates interested in engineering team leader, manufacturing supervisor, senior electro-mechanical assembly and team manager vacancies.
- Electrical Mechanical
- Supervisory Experience
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'